Sunday, March 7, 2010

there's a first for everything!

I'm a newbie at this whole blog thing...it is my first time to have one! Lately I have really wanted a way to be able to "document" the things going on in my life, mainly so I don't forget the amazing memories I am making everyday! I get so busy and caught up in life sometimes, that I don't just sit down and breathe. I don't take the chance to reflect on my day. On this blog, I promise to be real. I promise to tell the good, the bad, and the ugly. I want to remember things like they happen, not the sugar-coated version of things. So here goes...I guess you could say there is a first time for everything huh?

Today was a wonderful day! Started out by going to church, Hope Fellowship (where I have been a member for almost five years now). Pastor John gave a great message about forgiveness. He talked about how no matter what you go through and no matter where you have been, there is no reason for you not to forgive. Jesus paid His life for us, He died on the cross, was beaten, and all for us. The message really got me thinking and helped me come to some conclusions about my life and how there are some people I just simply need to forgive. I need to let go of any grudges I have held onto, and forgive as my Savior did.

After church, I came home and had lunch with my family, which was delicious! Mom made us chicken and rice and we all sat down to have a meal together. And in our hectic household, those meals can be few and far between. Once we finished with lunch, I went to "work". Now you must understand, when I say to I went to "work", it is really not like that at all. Unlike most, I LOVE my job and I don't really consider it "work". I take care of a five year old princess, Makenna. Makenna is the joy of my life right now. She is a special needs child who cannot walk, talk, or feed herself. She is absolutely gorgeous, inside and out. I spend time with her everyday and I have learned so much through these past few months in working with her. I must tell you though, not all days are bright and cheery. Some are hard. Some are stressful. Some are full or biting, hitting, and pulling hair. BUT others are filled with joy, hope, love, and passion. If you would like to learn more about her you can visit http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/makennajohnson

Today, in the Johnson house (Makenna's family), was a rough day. Makenna has been in a "mood" these past couple of days. She has been a little violent, and stressed out it seems. But we have hope that tomorrow will be a good day! She gets to go to school tomorrow, and that is one of her favorite places to be. After Marianne (Makenna's mom) and I put Makenna and the other kids to bed (Micah and Marlee), we sat down and had a long talk. We shared life together. We talked about so many different things, and told each other stories of our past. It was very refreshing! We decided, after much deep conversation tonight, that we are going to each write a bucket list! We want to map out a list of things that we want to accomplish in our life time. I'm not sure what will go on mine yet, but I think it is an awesome idea!

I realize that I have talked quite a bit today, but I think I really am going to enjoy writing this blog! I know that my life may be crazy at times and seem like a mess on the outside, but I truly do believe that God is doing amazing things in my life right now and somehow turning all my mess into something beautiful!

1 comment:

  1. Hey sweet girl! Love the first post! Keep them coming!!!

    ReplyDelete