Tuesday, March 9, 2010

"God is great, God is good, Let us thank Him for our food!"

Such a good day!! I wish there were more like these! The weather was absolutely gorgeous, in the 70's and sunny all day! I love this kind of weather, it puts me in such a great mood! I am looking forward to flip flops, shorts, being outside, back yard bbqs, country concerts, sunshine, sno cones, and late night summers spent with my best friends! Can ya tell I am a fan of summer??? haha!

Today I had class, which wasn't bad at all! Found out that a test for one of my classes has been completely canceled, which takes a huge weight off of my back for this week. After class, I went to lunch with some friends. I met up with Meghan and got to meet a few of her friends (Ashley, Caleb, and Collin) from Evangel! We had lunch then went shopping! I got a few new shirts from the new forever 21 (which is amazing might I add!!!) It was a lot of fun! So glad that I got to meet her friends!

After lunch and shopping, I went to work. Makenna was in such a good mood today! At school, she walked up the stairs with one hand on the rail and her teacher holding her other hand! She was very independent, and this was a huge accomplishment for her! Yay Makenna!!! We all went to dinner together at Babe's tonight, thanks to the Johnson's friend, Jeff, the manager of Babe's. It was delicious and everyone seemed to have a good time! For those of you that don't know what Babe's is, I highly suggest trying it! Basically heaven on a plate! YUM! Thank you Jesus for such good, southern, home cookin' kinda meals! Here are a few pics of our night out:


I was the chauffeur for one of the cars we took!



The 3 MJ kiddos (Makenna, Marlee, and Micah) plus me!



Marlee was being so sweet during dinner, she gave me lots of hugs and kisses!



Thank you Lord for this beautiful day and I pray that we continue to have many more like these! Please help me to do well on my two tests tomorrow!!!

4 comments:

  1. Oh Allie, words just can not begin to express how much our family loves and appreciates you and all you do for our sweet Makenna. You are like a breath of fresh air, coming into the lives of my son and his family and taking over the responsibility of precious Makenna. It's obvious every single time I see the two of you together how much you love each other. Makenna absolutely adores you and I know that you feel the same about her as well as my other 4 MJ's. I am adding you in my prayers when I pray for the 5MJ's, it's now AND Allie. You are considered a member of our family and we love you dearly.
    ♥, janey (you can call me Gram :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ditto the above! Can't wait to see what you blog about!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love reading your blog, it gives us a different version of Miss Makenna's day (Not that there's anything with Marianne's, but you know what I mean). Anyway, I look forward to reading your blog now!

    Angela
    (Matt's aunt)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you Allie. I know I've only known you for a few months, but I truly love you. You are such an amazing young woman and I am so blessed to have you as a friend. You mean so much to our family and when we say "we couldn't do it without Allie," we actually mean it. You are much more than a "respite worker," you're family. Much love. Love the blog BTW.

    Matt Johnson
    (Your new brother/uncle/something)

    ReplyDelete