Monday, March 15, 2010

My life for Your plans, My heart in Your hands!

First off, I apologize for not having written the past few of days. There is a lot to catch up on though! I want to start out by saying though, thank you Lord for giving me guidance and showing me how to be patient. Thank you for allowing me to ask questions, but in the end put complete trust in You.

For any of you that read Makenna's caringbridge site, I'm sure you are aware of the incident that happened yesterday. I was not with them when this occurred, but I would still like to write about it, because it really upset me. The Johnson family (Matt, Marianne, Makenna, and Marlee) went to a buffet Saturday for lunch. During the middle of their meal, they were asked to leave due to a "noise complaint". Makenna was simply singing and talking, not throwing a huge fit. The manager came over, grabbed Makenna's arm and tried to put suckers in her hand to "get her to be quiet", and told the family to leave. Ok people, this is a FAMILY restaurant! You have got to be kidding me! There are going to be kids that make noise. It just so happens that Makenna does not know the difference, she doesn't understand. Matt quickly took Makenna's hand, and told the manager that she only had half of a brain and didn't understand. He still asked them to leave, paying full price for the meal they didn't get to finish. Once they left the restaurant, the Johnson family handled matters legally. You can visit their website for more updates on this unfortunate event that happened.http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/makennajohnson
And I just ask those of you that ever see a child that appears to be special when you are out at a restaurant, or any other place for that fact, to please not stare. Please just smile at them and pray for them, be patient with them, and think of Makenna.

Now, on to happier things. Makenna has been doing so great these past few days. We took her to the park the other day and let her swing and go down the slides. She was so incredibly happy, the smile on her face was priceless. It made me so so happy! We also tried out her new bath chair, and she loved that as well. She just splashed and smiled and it was so much more relaxing for all of us! Gosh, she is just such a blessing to my life, I can't get over it. I love you Kenna bear!

Yesterday at church Pastor John gave a great message about putting complete trust in God. Sometimes we ask too many questions, the biggest one being why. (Which I am completely guilty of myself) Instead we need to stop asking questions, realize He has a purpose and a plan, and put complete and total trust in Him. Easier said than done, but so worth it. Also, I lead a middle school life group, which is like a bible study, twice a month. Last night we had one and it went very well. Not many kids showed up, due to spring break, but we still had a good time. We focused on Proverbs 3 last night and talked about how so many times we think we can control things, and just give God a call when life gets hard. That is not the case though. We must honor Him and serve Him in ALL areas of our life. I am trying very hard to do this myself right now as well. I am so grateful for the kids that come and allow me to have the opportunity to fellowship with them and learn with them. They are all in my prayers!

I told you I had a lot to say! Ha ha! So this week, the Johnson family and I are packing up to head to Oklahoma for spring break. I am very excited! It will be quite the adventure, and as I keep telling Makenna, we are going to become best friends this week! She smiles when I tell her that, so I take it she doesn't mind. There is a lot that comes along with us when we go somewhere, including a wheelchair, stroller, clothes, pack n plays, meds, etc. Hopefully today I can help Marianne get any last minute things together so we are all set to leave tomorrow morning! I can't wait to meet their family and friends that I have heard so much about! It will probably be a while before I get to update again. I assure you though, I will have a lot to say again, so prepare yourselves!

Well I have packing to do myself before I head over to see Kenna, so I better get to that! I have a busy day ahead of me! Packing, going to hang out with Kenna, the gathering (young adults group at my church!), and dinner with some friends after possibly. So much to do, and not much time to do it. I love being busy though! I hope you all have a fantastic week and enjoy the break if you have one! I will be sure to update once I get back from Oklahoma!

Praying for a safe trip and a fun week with the Johnson family!

1 comment:

  1. Allie, you are such an amazing young lady. Thank you again for being in our family's life. I hope you all have an awesome time in OK. You are going to LOVE Marianne's family. Your blog is so fun to read. Keep up the good work with all the young people you mentor, you are definitely making a difference in their lives. I can see Jesus smiling down on you and blessing you for all you do for His kingdom.

    ReplyDelete