Monday, March 22, 2010

American Honey

I am completely hooked on this song right now! I don't know what it is, I just love it! It's called "American Honey" and it's by Lady Antebellum (who I plan to see in concert this summer with some friends!! woo! can't wait!). Here are part of the lyrics :

She grew up on a side of the road
Where the church bells ring and strong love grows
She grew up good
She grew up slow
Like American honey

Steady as a preacher
Free as a weed
Couldn't wait to get goin'
But wasn't quite ready to leave
So innocent, pure and sweet
American honey

There's a wild, wild whisper
Blowin' in the wind
Callin' out my name like a long lost friend
Oh I miss those days as the years go by
Oh nothing's sweeter than summertime
And American honey

Get caught in the race
Of this crazy life
Tryin' to be everything can make you lose your mind
I just wanna go back in time
To American honey, yea


Maybe I like this song so much because it kind of reminds me of myself. Once I graduated high school, I was so ready to leave Frisco. I wanted to go start a new life somewhere else and become a new person. Come to find out though, it wasn't quite time for me to leave. I was in such a rush to get out, that I didn't step back and look at what I already had. I couldn't change myself and convince myself to be something I wasn't. Eventually I was lead back home again and I am now in the process of figuring out the next steps. I am figuring out who I am and who I want to become. And let me tell ya, I learn something new every day! I honestly do miss the easy days though. The days where I spent my summers swimming at my grandmother's house, going fishing with my papa, riding bikes in the streets with my best friends, having lemonade stands to only earn $5 for a days worth of work, the days where I spent helping my Gigi out in her garden and collected as many pecans as I could from the pecan tree, the days where it was a big deal to have 10 questions of homework to complete, the days where I was completely carefree. Sorry if I am reminiscing too much, but sometimes thinking of these memories brings me back to a good solid place. A place that reminds me it is ok to be carefree, and not stress over every little thing. Just like the song says, I do get caught up in life, and I simply miss those times of "American honey". I miss the times where everything was so pure, sweet, and alive. I really think that it is important that we take ourselves back to that time every once in a while, it is like a breath of fresh air to live with that mentality again.

Moving on though...

Today was a good day! I started back up with class again. I only had one though, so it wasn't too bad. Only 7 WEEKS left!!!! Praise the Lord!! After class, I met my dad and grandmother for lunch at Olive Garden! Mmmm so good! I told them all about my trip to Oklahoma and we also talked about college stuff. After lunch, I got my financial aid stuff completed to send off to Evangel and UTD tomorrow. I also got a few transcript things taken care of, at least for the most part. Once all that was done, I went to take care of Makenna for the afternoon. She was so excited to be back at school today! Apparently her face lit up when the bus came to pick her up! Her teachers wrote in her folder that as soon as she got to school she went to her gate trainer. She was ready to walk around the school! They said that she did just that and went to visit everyone and say hello to make sure it was all still there. Sooo cute! She was in a good mood the rest of the evening too! After work, I finished up some homework and studied for my bio test later on this week (much needed prayer on that by the way! ha! not my best subject). And that pretty much sums up my day! Off to bed to get some sleep!

Praying for strength and guidance- seeking His will, not my own!

No comments:

Post a Comment