Monday, March 8, 2010

blessed beyond belief!

I just got some incredible news and I am so so happy!!! I completed my fafsa (financial aid application) and am eligible for so much, including a couple of grants, which I won't have to pay back!! Praise the LORD!!! This really has made me see that if I am obedient to Him, He will provide! For those of you that don't know, my world was completely rocked about 3 months ago. I came home for Christmas break from Tyler Junior College, where I attended last semester, and began working for the Johnson family. I thought it would just be a part time thing for the month that I would be home, but it has turned into so much more than that! Literally about a week before I was supposed to head back to Tyler for my spring semester, I felt God was telling me to stay back. There were many reasons, some including financial and other personal reasons. I knew in my heart that this was the direction God wanted me to take. However, this took a HUGE leap of faith. When I went to withdraw from TJC, the housing office told me that I may not get my $2,000 I paid for housing refunded if they could not find someone to fill my spot. Umm excuse me?!?! You have got to be kidding me??? Well, I prayed about it and still felt like God would provide for me if I obeyed Him. And guess what?? HE DID! I got that $2,000 back and now I have become eligible for so much free money that will allow me to further myself and get an education and do what it is that God wants for me! It is SO incredible how He works sometimes! He has a plan, and if we follow it, He provides!

Ok, so on to the rest of my day...

Today was pretty good! I got to meet my best friend, Meghan, for lunch at Olive Garden (our favorite!! yummm). Meghan is home this week for spring break from Evangel University in Springfield, Missouri. We have been friends since the fourth grade! Ya know those people that just kind of get you? Well she is one of those kind of people to me, we are so much alike, it's kind of ridiculous. Hopefully later on this week I will be able to meet some of her friends that came to visit from Evangel, and she will be able to come with me to work to meet miss Makenna! I really think that meeting this special little girl can be an eye opening experience for anyone. As Marianne always says, we are all naive to something until we get a chance to truly experience it.

Speaking of Makenna, today was another rough day. She threw several tantrums today and no one knows why. It seems like some weekends she just goes crazy and can't help but cry. Poor sweet girl gets so frustrated sometimes, and I don't blame her. She has no way of communicating what she wants, and this can really take a toll on the rest of us. Marianne hasn't had much sleep these past few nights, and I just pray that tomorrow is a better day. I pray that Makenna wakes up being her sweet self that we all know and love! I know that each day is just a day, and like I said in my entry yesterday, not all of our days will be easy, but we live for the days that are. We are praying that tomorrow will be one of those days! It is much needed! I am also praying that we are able to get the plans finalized for spring break as we plan a trip to Oklahoma to visit the Johnson's family and friends. I think we all need to get out of the house and do something adventurous. Please Lord, gives us all patience and strength when we go to Oklahoma next week.

Well that is about it for today! Praying for more great days to come! Thank you Lord for providing and blessing me beyond belief!!

No comments:

Post a Comment