Saturday, March 27, 2010

Spring Has Come!

Today was such a good day! I spent time with so many people that I love. And the weather was absolutely beautiful! Despite a little wind, I am so thankful for "dress weather" (my favorite). This morning a few friends and I went to go paint pottery at this place called Color Me Mine. It was a random thing to do, but we had fun. I love doing artsy things like that! We each painted a cross and put one of our favorite verses on it, mine was Jeremiah 29:11. We all get to pick them up in a week, so hopefully they all turn out good! After that, I went to Makenna's and we all went to an Easter egg hunt! There were soo many people there, but it was a lot of fun! We let Makenna get out of her wheelchair and hop around. She didn't seem to be too interested in the egg part, as she was too busy exploring. I love watching that girl go! Her face lights up and it is just so precious. I attempted to help her find some eggs, but we only ended up with two. Micah and Marlee found more and Marlee was lovin the candy inside. After the egg hunt, the kids all got cookies and juice. Makenna ate a couple of mini cupcakes, which she loved! Marlee was on a sugar high soon after. Once we got back to the house, we fed the kids dinner and let them open their Easter baskets from their Gram and Papaw. Makenna went after it, and had so much fun. She got new clothes, books, a cup (which she automatically took into her hands and began to sip knowing that that's what cups were used for...such a smart girl), and a few other treats. Here are a few pictures of the egg hunt:





Later on, I went over to my dad's and he took me to dinner. Oh how I love daddy daughter dates! They are the best! My dad was doing a lot better today, and I was glad to see him so much happier. He went to the memorial service for his friend and said it was a very nice service, but really got him to thinking. For dinner, we went to a new Mexican restaurant, Mi Chula's, and it was delicious! I love times like that where it is just me and him and we get to sit down, eat good food, and just talk about whatever is on our minds! I am so grateful for those times, and don't take them for granted. I love my dad so much! After dinner was over, I went back over to my mom's and we sat and talked for a while, which was nice. My mom is definitely one of my best friends and I can tell her anything. Gosh, I have such wonderful parents! I'd be lost without them! Love yall!! Anyways though, I have church in the morning so I better hit the sheets and get some sleep!

Praying for wisdom as I lead life groups tomorrow and more beautiful weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment