Sunday, May 2, 2010

It's gonna be a good one :)

From the looks of this past weekend, I can already tell it is going to be a good summer! One of my really good friends, Ashley, came home from school for the summer on Friday, along with her brother Zack. We hung out on Friday and Saturday night and had a lot of fun! Friday, we went to the snow cone lady, and it was well worth waiting in the long line. Saturday, we went to this really cute cupcake shop in downtown Frisco, in the square. If you don't know this about me, I am a HUGE cupcake fan. I don't know what it is, but I just love them. And I know this is a little far fetched and some of you may find it strange, but one day, whenever that day comes, when I get married, I'm pretty sure I want me wedding cake to be made out of cupcakes! Wouldn't that be awesome?!?! The place we went to is called Dimples, and it is a lot like the cupcake/bakery, Sprinkles, in Dallas. Basically, it's a little taste of heaven:





Today was pretty good too! Started out by going to church, which was great, as always. Pastor John talked about how our name, our occupation, and other things like that do not make up our identity. He talked about how God has a plan for our lives and we must be committed to His will. If He wants me to be a special needs teacher, I need to be committed to that and I need to pour every ounce of myself into that. I need to strive to live in His will always. And, I must have the courage to do this. Pastor John said something that really spoke to me, based on Galatians 6:14. He said we must be committed to what God has called for us to do, even when we live in a world that may not always celebrate that. As I was at Kenna's house today, I kept reminding myself of the message today. Kenna was having a really rough day, where she kept crying and screaming for no apparent reason. I wanted to help her, but didn't know what to do. And in all honesty, this can be frustrating at times, for the both of us. I know she wants to communicate to me what she needs/wants or what hurts, and I want to be able to do something to help. I hate watching her cry and not being able to fix it. When I found myself a little frustrated, I just thought to myself, "You know what, Allie, you are here for a reason. This is God's will for your life, and you are passionate about this. You are committed to her and she is committed to you. Be calm, and thank God for all that he has done for the both of you." Sometimes it just takes a deep breath or a reminder that everything is going to be ok.

Especially after talking to my dad tonight, did this become even clearer. I guess he kinda gave me that reminder, that something that lit me back up. He told me about this movie, which I can't remember the name of, that is about this music teacher who came across a deaf student. The teacher completely poured every ounce of time, energy, and love into this child. He didn't give up on him because he wasn't like the rest of the kids. This music teacher made a huge impact on this little boy's life. My dad went on to tell me that that is one of the most important things you can do in your life, is to reach out to at least one person and pour your love into them, making a difference in them. He told me that I was so lucky to be already doing that at such a young age. He said that he LOVES Makenna and thinks she is precious, and he has never been in the same room with her. But, he does see what she has done/does to me and he loves it. He loves that I am wanting to make a difference, that I am wanting to help, that I am looking to put my heart and soul into all I do, especially with her. This meant the world to me. It reminded me that even though I have my rough days and I'm not sure what to do or how to help, I am helping...in some way. I may not always see it and it may be unclear, but I am seeking to fill HIS will, therefore I must go at %110...no less.

Sorry if I am getting too deep, but it really meant the world to me, what my dad shared with me. Speaking of my dad, we had a last minute daddy daughter date to ja'dore frozen yogurt! It was delicious, and I really enjoyed talking with him!

Also, today was my Aunt Kathy's birthday and we went to Bucca diPeppo! It was so good! I was glad to be with all my family, because that doesn't happen often with all of our busy schedules. Happy Birthday Kathy!!! Love you!!

When I went to Kenna's today, we took a little trip over to the duck pond/park! We fed the ducks, and played on the playground. The kids seemed to really enjoy it, and it calmed Kenna down for a while, which was good. Here are some cute pictures we took:







I had a great weekend! To all of you that were a part of it in any way, I love you!

Praying for a good day for Kenna tomorrow, sleep for Marianne, and the determination to study and do well on my final lab practical on Wednesday!

P.S- If anyone is selling a futon (preferably a wooden frame), please let me know!

1 comment: