Monday, May 24, 2010

summer nights :)

Today definitely was better than the days before! I decided this morning a little relaxation would make up for the stress I've had consuming me the past couple of weeks, as I talked about yesterday. To relax, I went to Ashley's and laid out by the pool. Not sure how much of a tan I got, but it felt nice to just sit and be still and at peace.

Speaking of peace, I spent a lovely night with my friends, some of the most amazing people in the world in my opinion. They are all just loving, real, down to earth people. The reason for out little "get together" was to celebrate Macy coming home from Africa! She had such incredible stories to tell. It really made me realize how much I miss mission trips. I have such a passion for serving and in big ways! Mace told me that as she was thinking about all of her friends on the trip, she wished I had been there the most. I was taken back when she said this! She told me that it is so clear and obvious that I have a love and passion for children of all sorts (referring to Makenna) and that I would have made such a difference while I was there. She told me about getting to teach in different preschools to Muslim children that had nothing. To them, school was such a positive place to be. Knowing that I want to teach one day, Macy knew that I'd fit right in. How amazing and life changing would that be?!?!? I want to go on a mission trip now SO badly! I would LOVE to go to another country, possibly even Kenya one day. I tend to dream big, but I feel like the Lord has put that passion for serving in my life for a reason. Who knows where that will take me??? Macy also showed my videos of the kids singing "Here I am to worship". All of the kids knew every word and they signed it as they sang...watching this brought tears to my eyes. I am just so blessed to live in a safe home with so many luxuries and the freedom to express myself and the religion I practice. We all take these things for granted until they are taken away. It is incredible what this will do to you.

I'm continuing to pray for Marianne and her health! Also praying to be at peace with change, as it will give me room to grow!

No comments:

Post a Comment