Sunday, May 9, 2010

Nothing is impossible with God!

First off, I would like to wish all the mothers out there a VERY happy mothers day! I am SO incredibly blessed to have the mother that I do. Such a wonderful Godly woman with a heart of gold. Without her, I would be nothing. I love you so much Momma! Happy Mothers Day!!!

Well, to say the least, the past couple of days have been quite crazy! I have officially decided that I could pretty much take on anything that comes my way. After Friday, I feel unstoppable! For those of you that don't know, Marianne was rushed to the hospital Friday afternoon after her blood pressure shot up, her eyes crossed, and she began to feel light headed. She had several tests done, including MRIs and CT scans. Apparently all appears normal, and they have ruled out blood clots and any sort of stroke...so bizarre. I was very worried about her, but glad that she is back home and resting up! To find out more about what happened, you can go to http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/makennajohnson/journal

While Marianne was in the hospital, the kids and I had quite the adventure! Here is an overview of Friday: I started by picking up Marlee to take her to lunch and to the mall for a girls day out. I wanted to give Matt and Marianne a little break and thought Marlee would have fun having a day out on the town. She also had been begging to see my house, so we went by there as well. She met my dad, grandmother, and our puppy (aka "goggie" by Marlee). After we went to the house, we all went out to lunch at Cici's, and then I took Marlee to the mall. I got her a view presents, including a Dora purse and some princess jewelry. Matt then called and told me that he was on the way to the hospital and my heart skipped a beat. He told me what was going on with Marianne and asked me to keep Marlee for a little longer. We then met Matt at the hospital to get a set of house keys and then went to pick up Micah from school. He was a little confused to see my car I think, but finally recognized me. Once we got Micah, we went to Braums for some icecream, then back home to wait for Kenna. Then, I (meaning with NO help- which I am proud of) managed to get all three kids in the car with two car seats, a wheelchair, diaper bags, and a skateboard. For those of you that have never conquered a two year old, a special needs child, and an 8 year old alone at the age of 19, it is not the easiest thing. Our adventure then began! I took all three kids to Taco Bueno for dinner, then back to my dad's house. I fed the kids, let them play with the dog, skateboard, and hop around the house. They were all SO good! I was so proud of them and so thankful for Micah's help along the way! My dad even played the guitar for Makenna, and she loved every moment of it!!! This made my dad SO happy! He truly loves those kids so much and was glad to finally meet them!

Well, you make think the adventure ends there, but it doesn't! Matt called and informed me that he locked himself out of the house because he gave me his house key. I then piled the kids back into the car with all their things, and went back home to the Johnson's. We let Matt into the house, and while he got things together to take back to Marianne, I got the girls ready for bed and put them to sleep! Right before Micah went to bed, Marianne's parents arrived! They were such a blessing to us all during this time! I love them both so much!

Whew! I did it!!! I conquered the "circus" on my own! It was an interesting adventure, but SO worth it! I actually had fun, and although I was tired at the end of the day, I was SOOO glad to help my family out! And it means the world to me that they trust me so much with their kids. Love yall!

Saturday was another busy day, but I had some help! Marianne's parents were at the house with me and helped take care of all the kids. We spent a good majority of the day outside! It was so nice! Poor Kenna kept looking for the bus though, sweet girl loves school so much!

Well, I should get to studying. I have two finals left this week and then my summer begins!!!! Praise Jesus!!

Praying for Marianne and for wisdom this week!

2 comments:

  1. You are my hero Allison Lees. I can't imagine life without you.

    Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allie, Matt & Marianne are so very lucky to have you in their lives, and I am very grateful and thank God all the time for that! Even though I have never met you, I feel like I know you so well. You are a God-send!

    ReplyDelete