Saturday, May 15, 2010

Nothin's sweeter than summertime!

Hello sweet sunshine, long summer nights, snowcone lady visits every other day, and days spent with my sweet Kenna! Gosh, this is going to be such a great summer! I can already feel it! Pretty sure that acing my bio lecture final was a very nice way to start it off. So glad to finally be done with this semester so that I can move on to relaxation!

For those of you that haven't already heard, Marianne is doing MUCH better!!! She has been blessed by so many people bringing meals, groceries, and company (including my mom stopping by with dinner and a quick visit, I just love her through and through! So blessed to call her Mom!). Marianne will have to get surgery most likely and will have more details on Monday as far as that is concerned. Once I hear something, I will let those of you that read this now! I am sooo glad she is doing so much better! I got worried there for a while, but I knew that God had His hands on her and He would help her. Kenna and I made sure to prayer for her every night before bed.

And I must say, I think Kenna knows a thing or two about praying. Every night before I lay her down I sing to her and then start out by saying "Dear Jesus" and as soon as I say this her face lights up and she looks up. The whole time we are praying for her, her family, and anything else we need to pray for she just has this glow about her. After I say "Amen" she smiles so big that her eyes close and then she hugs me without me prompting her do so. I may be reading into this a little much, but for some reason I just feel like she knows and that she has such a hope and peace about her that the Lord is there. I cannot get over how beautiful she is, inside and out. I can't help but smile when I look at her and see more than just a little girl with big blue eyes that may not be like the rest of us. To me, that is a wonderful thing. She doesn't have a care in the world, she's just sweet little Kenna and changes lives everyday without a single clue she's doing it. Unspoken words, a joy that can't be contained in her little body, and a smile that melts you goes so far!

Speaking of impacts, Makenna's teacher, Sarah, won teacher of the year award!!! CONGRATS!!!! Sarah is such an amazing teacher with such a passion for children like Makenna. I could only hope and pray that I can be a teacher like that one day and impact children's lives the way that Sarah does!

Well, since my summer has officially begun, I have been in such a good mood!!! More of my friends have started coming home from school and I am just reminded of how blessed I am. I have the best friends and family!!! Although everything is not perfect and will never be, I have people that love and care about me unconditionally and that can be real with me. I respect that more than anything! Over the past several days I have spent a lot of time with Ashley and Zack and we have decided that once a week we are going to go try a new restaurant that none of us have been to. Our first adventure was yesterday. We went to a little Italian place called Capri's Italian Grill. The weather was a little crazy outside and the first thing out waiter told us when we sat down was, "We are under a tornado watch so if one comes then we are all going to run to the deep fridge!" Umm ok? We were the only customers in the place and the food was pretty good. Ashley and I shared pasta, which we didn't eat much of after getting full on bread and Zack's calzone, which was the size of a football!! So good though! We also decided that we want to get a group of friends together and go to float the river this summer, just take a long weekend maybe. Should be fun!

Also, Ashley and I both have a business, which many of you are aware of mine (Miracle Makers). We got to talking and have decided that over the summer we are going to throw little parties, a lot like Mary Kay does, and sell our products. We will both have our separate things set up, but do the parties together. We are still working out all of the details and plan to have several over the summer. Our first one is planned to be held at Dimples cupcakes! We have already gotten manager approval and she is very supportive of the whole thing! If any of you live in the area and are interested in attending a party, please let me know!!

Well, now that I have shared about a week's worth of information, just the basics that is, I should get going! I need to grab some lunch before heading to Kenna's house! Hope all of you have a wonderful weekend!!!!

Praying for Marianne!!

No comments:

Post a Comment