Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Something Beautiful

I can't stop listening to this song:

Something Beautiful by Need to Breathe


The chorus says "Hey now, this is my desire, consume me like a fire, cause I just want something beautiful to touch me, I know that I'm in reach cause I am down on my knees, I'm waiting for something beautiful." LOVE this! Lord, I will continue to reach out to you and glorify you in all that I do because I know that you will provide something beautiful for me!

Updates so far this week:

-Kenna had her fitting for her new SFO's and will be getting them in about 3 weeks!! This is such good news! The lady that was doing the fitting said that Makenna had not been affected whatsoever from her W sitting, and that she had "perfect feet". Her ankles and feet were not bowed at all! What a miracle that is!!!!

-I went to Kenna's doctor appointment on Monday and got to meet her nero and see where her and her family spent all of 2007! I loved getting to show off Kenna's walking to her doctor and he was so impressed with how far she had come, he had nothing but good things to say! So proud of that girl! It was such an eye opening experience being in the hospital where it all started! I got to see the EMU (I think that's what it's called- basically where they would measure any sort of epilepsy with these crazy machines). I had a hard time putting it all into perspective as far as what Kenna and her family went through that year. I mean, although my dad has also had brain surgery, I cannot imagine a repetitive year of that, non-stop. Matt told me many stories of their stay in the hospital and I really enjoyed listening to all he had to say. I always like to learn as much as I can about Kenna and all that she has gone through, I'm just so interested in it all. After all, she is family to me. I want you to know, Matt and Marianne, that yall are incredible parents and I look up to both of you very much! You live out the word, and I have so much respect for yall due to that. I know that those times must have been rough, but I admire the confidence you had to get through it. I love you guys!

-Kenna's ARD meeting was today, and although I didn't get to go, I was told it went very well. Marianne told me all about it and all the paperwork that has to be done. I guess I have all that to look forward to! Haha. She even told me that my name came up in the meeting! My name was added to the contact/transportation list for Kenna. May not mean much to anyone else, but it meant a lot to me! I really love that her teachers show interest in what I do with Kenna and what my future plans are as far as one day teaching special ed! They answer any questions I have, it's great!

-I went to lunch with my dad and grandma today...Olive Garden yummmmm

-Overall it was a good day, other than my ridiculous pile of homework I had to complete! It's almost over!

-The Frisco snow cone lady is NOW open!!!!! pure happiness :)

-HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO KASSIE RACHELLE MAXWELL!! Oh how I miss you!

Praying for strength to get through these last few weeks of school!

No comments:

Post a Comment