Sunday, April 11, 2010

Answer to Prayer

So, I really need to get better about keeping up with this blog. I love it, I have just been so busy that by the end of the day all I want to do is go to sleep! The past few days have been pretty good, but like I said, they have been busy. I've had a lot going on at school, as this semester is finishing up! I can't believe my first year of college is about to come to an end. It sounds cliche, but it really is crazy how time flies. Before I know it, I'll be graduating and getting my first teaching job (at least that's the plan). One of the main things I had been working on for school was a project for my humanities class. We were told to make a "collage" of ourselves. However, she asked us to think outside of the box and more so make a piece of art that summed up who we are. I had so much fun making mine! I ended up making a book. I took a canvas and decopauged it with some different papers and wrote "everyone has a story worth telling, are you willing to listen?" On the canvas was my book. When you open the book up, you are able to see different things that have happened to me throughout my lifetime that make up my "story". I love making things like that, and I got inspired to make other things for my new room. I made something to put over my bed, and I am working on some other things now too. Just like this blog, art is somewhat of an out for me. I am able to express myself and make whatever I like without it being wrong. It is one of the times I am most at peace with things. I am hoping to start a little business on this website etsy this summer, possibly with Marianne. I am really looking forward to it. There are pictures of some of the things I have made on my facebook if you are interested!

This is totally switching subjects, but I just got some really exciting news while typing this! I have been praying for so long for the Lord to give me some direction as to what to do next semester. Well, an old friend of mine, Lindsey, just sent me a message saying that she is thinking about going to Collin County next semester and would need a room mate! Hello?!?! Are you kidding me?? Exactly what I have been looking for! She is going to look into her budget tomorrow and see what she can afford. Once she decides, we are going to look at apartments together in the Plano area! This seriously has to be an answer to prayer! I just hope that if this is what God has planned next for me, that everything works out smoothly. Well know that all that excitement just hit me, I can't really remember what else I had to say. Maybe more will come to me tomorrow! I am off to bed for now though!

Praying for Matt's back to heal and for guidance in my next steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment