Monday, June 28, 2010

a little behind...

Since I have been a little behind on updating these past few weeks, I decided it's about time I do so. They have been a hectic past few weeks, but good ones! I have spent a lot of time with several of my friends that are home for the summer and it has been great! I love having all of my closest friends home. A couple of weeks ago, my best friend, Meghan, and I had an eventful weekend! We went to her cousin, Andrew's, wedding and to the Lady Antebellum/Tim Mcgraw concert!!! We had SO much fun!

I have also spent a lot of time with my sweet Kenna! She was so excited to get back in the swing of school. Although she does come home looking a little tired, she has been in a great mood. Last week we took her and the other 4 MJs to Stonebriar mall to eat lunch, ride the carousel, and shop around. Kenna LOVED the carousel! It was so fun watching her laugh and smile as the horse went up and down. By the end of ride, she would not stop signing more. Although it made Marianne and I a little sick to ride, we loved watching the kids have such a good time. After we left the mall, we tried a new cupcake place in Frisco called the Cupcakery! YUM! Mocha was my favorite out of the ones I tried. Oh how I love the adventures with the Johnsons :)

This past weekend I spent on the couch (so not like me) due to the fact that I was VERY sick! I had a virus a lot like the flu, with all of the symptoms of the flu (chills, fever, achy body, weak, etc.). And on top of that, I found out that my wrist was sprained from something I did in yoga! What a fun weekend huh??? Well, on the positive note, I had my wonderful mother! She was such a blessing and took care of me all weekend! I love her SOOOOO much!! Thank you Momma! And Since I was gone for two days from work, Kenna was VERY happy to see me when I came! She was all smiles and kept giving me a ton of hugs and kisses, so precious!

Speaking of Kenna...her teacher from this past year, Sarah, came over to the house and helped me put together a schedule for Kenna for the summer. She was such a huge help and so inspiring! I can't stop trying to think of more fun things to do with Kenna. I began calling several people across Plano, including places like gyms and dance studios, to see if they offered anything for special needs kids! I wasn't going to take "no" for an answer hahah :)

This coming Sunday I will be leaving for four days to go to camp with Epic (youth group at my church) to lead! I am VERY excited and I feel like something great is going to happen and that lives will be changed! I have been getting a lot closer to me sixth grade girls lately, and I just LOVE all of them! They are precious. I am praying that God can use me in incredible ways, even if it means being uncomfortable at times. I am ready for an adventure and up for a challenge! I am praying that God puts amazing strength, wisdom, knowledge, patience, love, and energy into me this coming week! I am spending a lot of time praying for these students and leaders this week, and I would REALLY appreciate it and love it if you would do the same! Nothing is impossible with HIM! After all, WE are called to be the hands and feet of Jesus.

I feel like there is SO much more to be said and things to update on, but like I said it's been a crazy past couple of weeks. Hopefully I can get back into the swing of posting again! Here are a few pictures from different things these past few weeks:







No comments:

Post a Comment