Tuesday, June 29, 2010

I am naive, but aren't we all, to the unknown?

There is nothing like a rainstorm and a warm cozy bed. This calls for some writing...

Today was a day of questions. Each and every day I am presented with a new story of another child with special needs, ever since I began my experience with Makenna. Another child that is a miracle, yet in so much pain at times. Another child that I want to cry for. Another child that makes my heart melt without ever having met them. Another special gift from God. But I can't help to ask "why?" at times. Why is it that these children and their families must go through so much darkness and trial? I have to remind myself that we are told in His word that we will face trials and tribulations, but we must not loose faith. We must learn to rely on Him and trust. This can be one of the hardest things in the world to do though, especially when put in the situation.

Today I am saying a prayer for one of these sweet children and her precious family. Her name is Avery Akeman. She is five years old and is unable to play with other children. She must wear a mask when out in public (where she ventures very little), due to the lack of her immune system. She is also hooked up to tubes that feed her throughout the day. She is constantly being fed medicine through a backpack she must wear a majority of the time. I have never met this girl, but I must say she is a trooper. She is a miracle to a set of parents that love her unconditionally.

Sweet Avery has been struggling recently, having a difficult time keeping her temperature under 102. Today she was sent to the hospital to have MRIs done. Please pray for this sweet girl. She needs it!


I pray that one day I get to meet this fighter of a little girl. She is such an inspiration!

"Come on friends get up now, you're not alone at all."



Today has also been a day of graciousness (is that a word? not sure ha!). As I was with my friends this evening, walking around the family Christian book store, I thought to myself, "Thank you Lord!" Thank you for allowing me to have another day. Thank you for giving me this beautiful, precious life that I too often take for granted. I was reminded that my problems, worries, and fears are so minuscule. I began to feel quite silly for all of these things that I fear or worry about. There are children out there that are facing ridiculous life struggles, and here I am concerned about things like my love life, where I am going to school next year, and other things. Now, don't get me wrong...these are important things and I DO care very much about them, but I have realized these things are out of my reach. They are in His hands and He will take care of it in His time. For this, I am grateful.

I challenge you to keep this in mind as you face what you think may be a "challenge". Before you complain or question things, simply sit back and look at all of the beautiful things that surround you. There is SO much beauty to be found, it is incredible. Instead of making a complaint or questioning, say a prayer. Pray for those who need it most. I challenge you to pray for special children, like Avery and Makenna. Don't doubt your level of confidence in your prayers for them or how much meaning they may hold. Trust me, they mean the world to someone, whether you realize it or not.

Also, please continue to pray for epic student ministries with me, as camp approaches.

I hope that all of you have a wonderful day tomorrow! Tomorrow has endless possibilities and is filled with hope. Much love!

~ Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment