Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thankful!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!! There is so very much to be thankful for! As I sit on my couch with a warm cup of hot cocoa in my hand, while watching the annual Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, I type of the things that I am thankful for...a sweet reminder of how beautiful this life is to me! In no particular order of importance, here's a look into my life and what I am thankful for:

My God- Without Him, I would be lost. Without His unconditional love, grace, mercy, joy, and peace, I would be a wreck. Scripture says, "Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." I have been so incredibly blessed this past year and continue to be amazed by His presence! My God, My Savior, My Rock and Shield...I am ever thankful!!!

My Family- My precious parents are continual reminders of how blessed I am! Although we may not have the "typical" family, I am so very thankful for the love that they each show me on a daily basis! Mom and Dad, you bring such love, laughter, and happiness to my life! My siblings are so dear to my heart and I am thankful for the memories we have made throughout the years! I am thankful for my wonderful grandparents, my cousins, my aunts and uncles! All bring such joy to my life!

My Friends- If there is one thing that God has strategically placed in my life, it would be my sweet friends! (there I go again Marianne...ha!) I am SO thankful for all of my beautiful friends, all the girls that remain close even if there are states separating us, all of the new friends that I have met recently, and all of the other people that have stuck through this crazy life with me! For you, I am ever grateful!!

My Johnsons- How crazy is it that not even quite a year ago I was still in Tyler, Texas, without a clue in the world who this family was?? How far have we come! Matt, Marianne, Micah, Makenna, and Marlee...I love you more than you know!! Matt and Marianne, thank you for being such wonderful examples to me, and for welcoming me into your family with open amrs. Micah thank you for your sweet loving spirit and your continuous prayers for your sister! Makenna...not sure where to even begin....thank you for changing my life and bringing unending joy to my life! YOU are BEAUTIFUL beyond words and I love you SO much!!! Marlee thank you for your comic relief and sweet spunky personality! Also, I am thankful for Matt and Marianne's parents, Peggy and Steve and Janey and Paul! Such incredible people with such HUGE hearts!!! Each and every one of you bless me daily!!

The list could go on and on of things that I am thankful for! I pray that each and every one of you have a beautiful day and are reminded of what all you have to be thankful for!! Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Peace, blessings, and much love!!

~Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment